Today, I am going to discuss the two important methods that are very useful in backing up Exchange Online mailbox. Export Office 365 to PST successfully with all its emails, contacts, tasks, notes, calendars, etc. using advanced solutions.
What is an eDiscovery Tool?
The eDiscovery is an in-built tool provided by Microsoft to download a search content to the local device. For this, you also need to have an export key that you can get while performing Office 365 to PST conversion process.
Pre-Requisites to perform Office 365 PST Export:
• Windows 7 and above version (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Microsoft .Net Framework of the latest edition
• Internet Explorer 10 and above version.
Method 1: How to export Office 365 mailbox to PST using eDiscovery?
Here, are the steps to follow to download PST files from Office 365.
Stage 1: Add members to assign eDiscovery Administrator permission
Step 1: Launch Microsoft Office 365 and login into it using a valid ID and Password.
Step 2: From Admin, go to the Security and Compliance page of Exchange Online.
Step 3: Under permissions, select eDiscovery Manager. A window appears where you need to click the Edit option for eDiscovery Administrator.
Step 4: Click on Choose eDiscovery Administrator and on a new window click on +Add.
Step 5: Select the member(s) by checking on their checkbox and hit the Add button.
Stage 2: Create a new case under eDiscovery
Step 1: In the Office 365 Security and Compliance page, go to the eDiscovery option then again hit eDiscovery.
Step 2: Click on +Create a case and create a new case giving it a name and description (optional) Save.
The created case will appear on the eDiscovery page.
Stage 3: Perform content search and modify the location
Step 1: Open the newly created case and go to the Searches option +New Search.
Step 2: Select Specific location and click on Modify. A new window appears with the list of locations.
Step 3: Under modify locations, enable Exchange email option and click Save. Now, give the search a name and Save.
**Stage 4: Export Report and get the key **
Step 1: Click More Export Report and choose the required output option. Hit the Generate Report button.
Step 2: Click on export and open the exported report. Copy the export key
Stage 5: Download eDiscovery tool to save PST on the device
Step 1: Click on Download result and Install the eDiscovery tool. Paste the export key to the tool. Browse the location to store the downloaded files and click on Start.
Why Office 365 backup with eDiscovery not recommended?
• Download complete with error and warnings.
• eDiscovery tool failed to retrieve search configuration
• eDiscovery tool not working
• Unable to open the tool
Method 2: How to export Office 365 to PST using Office 365 backup software?
From the method, you may be understood the manual process of backing up Office 365 data is not an easy process. You need to have a clear idea about all the steps to perform of Office 365 backup solution. It also takes a lot of time to complete the entire task. While using the above process you may also suffer from various errors or data loss.
Therefore, to save the time and effort you may look for an alternative to export emails from O365 to PST via MailsDaddy Office 365 Backup Tool.
Features of Office 365 Email Backup Tool:
• Download the complete Office 365 mailboxes to PST.
• Options to choose multiple export options.
• Multiple O365 mailbox backup by the Administrator.
• Maintains originality while taking O365 backup to PST.
• Allows exporting selected Exchange Online folders.
• Provides an option to backup Office 365 with a Date Filter.
• Extract PST contacts or calendars only from Office 365.
• Allows Office 365 Admin to use the Impersonate Export feature.
• The extracted PST files adjust with all Outlook editions.
• Performs in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc.
Conclusion: Here, I discussed the solutions to export Office 365 to PST cloud account with the help of the eDiscovery Tool and the Office 365 Export PST tool. Both solutions are helpful in migrating Office 365 to PST format.